Thickness is a critical factor in the success or failure of an insulation system. But without the right tool for the job, determining the appropriate fiber glass or mineral wool insulation thickness for a particular application can be challenging.
NAIMA’s FREE 3E Plus® software program makes it easy to calculate the appropriate insulation thickness necessary for any application. To ensure accuracy, the program has customizable inputs for every aspect of your job—and offers default values if your exact numbers aren’t available. Insulation selections are based on K-values from ASTM material standards. You can also check with individual insulation manufacturers for the K-values of the specific material you are considering.
3E Plus® helps you:
- Determine economic thickness of insulation based on fuel cost, installed cost, tax rates, maintenance, and other economic factors
- Calculate insulation needed for personnel protection in various design conditions
- Calculate thickness of insulation for condensation control
- Calculate greenhouse gas emissions and reductions
- Determine surface temperature and heat loss or gain efficiency
- Perform calculations for flat surfaces and various pipe sizes
For guidance on how to use the software program, please refer to the Users Manual.
If you would like to be notified of updates to 3E Plus, please submit your name and email address below and you will be automatically notified when a new version of the program is available. This information is not required to download the program and is strictly voluntary. NAIMA/Insulation Institute will not share your information with any third-party organizations ever.